The goal of the LSUHSC-NO PREP is to prepare individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in the biomedical sciences, who have recently completed their baccalaureate science degrees (within 3 years of application date), for successful enrollment, retention, and completion of a PhD or MD-PhD training program. The one-year program provides an annual salary of $27,200.
Please fill out the online application and then select the SUBMIT button (located at the bottom of the form).
You will not be able to save your work and return later.
APPLICATION SITE OPENS: December 1st
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ALL SUBMISSION MATERIALS - MARCH 1st
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: April 30th
PROGRAM DATES: June 1st – May 31st
1. COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND PROVIDE 2 NAMES WHO WILL SUBMIT LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION. COMPLETE THE REQUEST FOR RECOMMENDATION FORM AND SEND TO RECOMMENDERS. CLICK HERE FOR RECOMMENDATION FORM.
BE PREPARED TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS (250 WORD LIMIT for each question).
- Why are you interested in pursuing a graduate (PhD) degree in the biomedical sciences?
- What are your personal academic interests, including short-term and long-term career goals, and your plans to accomplish them?
- Have you had any previous research experience? If so, briefly describe below.
- What skill(s) do you currently possess that will make you a strong candidate for admission into a PhD graduate program in biomedical sciences?
- Please describe how the PREP can assist you in your academic/career goals.
- List at least three research investigators at LSUHSC in which you have interests and provide a rationale.
- Have you applied to any graduate programs?
- Describe any obstacles you have had to deal with and overcome. (Optional)
2. UPLOAD UNOFFICIAL COPY OF GRE SCORES (not required)
3. UPLOAD RESUME (CV): Be sure to include all education, employment, internships, presentations, publications, honors/awards, and other relevant experiences.
4. UPLOAD UNOFFICIAL UNDERGRADUATE TRANSCRIPT
Transcripts: Official transcrits will be required upon acceptance into the program.
Send one copy of your official transcript from each college or university that you have attended (including other institutions in the LSU System).
- Transcripts that show transfer credits from other colleges you have attended are not acceptable.
- Official transcripts are required upon invitation to interview or acceptance.
- You must have a GPA of at least 3.0 for undergraduate work & 3.0 for graduate work, based on a 4-point scale.
- You must have obtained a baccalaureate degree from a college or university approved by a regional accrediting agency and have been in satisfactory standing at the most recent educational institution attended.