- Dr. Shyamal Desai , Associate Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans, is asking the public to help her help children with a rare inherited brain disorder that can confine them to a wheelchair by age 12 and take their lives a decade later. read more...
- Congrats to Dr. Desai's Summer Student, Sameer Nair-Desai from Ben Franklin High School. He was the 2nd place winner of the Summer Research Internship Poster Symposium
- Abnormal Protein Turnover may cause Brain Cell Death featured in Children's ProjectAT Newsletter.
- LSU researcher discovers a possible cause of cancer; Interview with WGNO-ABC26 local TV channel
- LSUHSC research finds trigger for breast cancer spread ; Interview with Fox 8 local TV channel
- LSUHSC research finds trigger for breast cancer spread; Press release on EurekAlert, an online science news service.
- Study finds trigger that possibly spreads breast cancer; News covered by Breast cancerNews service.
- Trigger for breast cancer spread identified”; News covered by Daily News and Analysis newspaper.
- Indian origin professor’s team identifies breast cancer trigger; News covered by India’s leading online and mobile platform
- Shyamal Desai IDs protein triggering spread of breast cancer”; News covered by India West, US-Indian newspaper.
- LSU team finds defense system flaw in breast cancer patients; News covered by Medical Daily.
- A novel therapeutic target to slow breast cancer cell motility; News covered by Armenian Medical Network.
- Morning Headlines: A new therapeutic target for breast cancer; News covered by the Scientist.
- Researchers discover trigger for breast cancer spread; News covered by Hope for Cancer.
Alteration in ISG15 pathway triggers breast cancer metastasis; News covered by