RESIDENCY APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications to the first year of residency must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline for ERAS applications is November 1st. We begin reviewing applications in October, so early submission is highly encouraged. Applicants will begin receiving correspondence through ERAS in mid-October regarding their application status.
- A completed AAMC-NRMP application. Participation in the Match is mandatory to be considered for an interview.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)-released on October 1 thru ERAS.
- An official medical school transcript..
- An official copy of your USMLE scores (You must pass Step 1 prior to the time of application. Step 2 and 3 are not required at the time of application, though Step 2 scores are taken into consideration during the application review process for those who have taken the exam).
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members familiar with your performance.
- Although a photograph is optional, it will be of great importance to track applicants after their interviews since the final selection process depends heavily upon the interviewers' personal recollections.
- Foreign medical graduates: Must have at least one month on an acute medicine service in the United States before he/she can be considered for residency (cannot be an observership).
- Foreign medical graduates: We only accept J-1 visas and we do not sponsor.
- Interviews are scheduled via email through our Residency Coordinator.
- Interview dates are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is important to monitor your email to ensure that your preferred date is secured if extended an interview as additional interview dates will not be offered.
Interview Dates for the Class of 2022 are:
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Friday, November 17, 2017
- Friday, December 8, 2017
Thank you for your interest in the LSU-NOLA Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program.