Love, Gordon L., M.D.
Director of Clinical Chemistry
LSU Health Sciences Center UMC Office: (504) 702-3431
LSU Health Sciences Center
UMC Office: (504) 702-3431
M.D.,1978 , Tulane University School of Medicine.
AP/CP Residency, 1978-1983 Tulane/Charity Hospital
2016- Director of Clinical Chemistry -University Medical Center, New Orleans and Professor of Pathology/Vice chair of Clinical Pathology, LSU Medical School
2013-2014 Western Region Medical Director,Quest Diagnostics Laboratory -8 states and Medical Director of the West Hills (Los Angeles) Quest Diagnostics Laboratory
2006-2013 Medical Director - Quest Diagnostics Laboratory - Sacramento, California
2002- 2012 Clinical Professor of Pathology-University of California, Davis, School of Medicine
1993-2002 Clinical Associate Professor of Pathology-University of California, Davis, School of Medicine
1993-2004 Chief of Pathology - VA Northern California Healthcare System
1992 - Promoted to Associate Professor of Pathology, LSU Medical School
1983-1993 Associate Professor of Pathology - LSU Medical School / VA Medical Center, NOLA
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (1983)
1989- certification -Medical and Public Health Mycology - American Board of Medical Microbiology
Clinical Chemistry, Mycology and General Microbiology, Laboratory Administration and Accreditation, and Gynecologic Cytopathology.
2016 - Date - LSU Medical School
1993-2016 - UC-Davis, School of Medicine
2011-awarded Faculty Teaching Award by the Pathology residents of UC, Davis, School of Medicine.
|Committees & Administrative Responsibilities||
- Direction of the UMC Clinical Laboratories including clinical chemistry, molecular pathology, and microbiology.
- Developing a Clinical Pathology teaching program for LSU Pathology residents and medical students.
- Member of the College of American Pathologists Curriculum Committee that plans the CAP annual convention.
- Member of American Board of Pathology Microbiology Test Committee.
- Laboratory inspector for the College of American Pathologists with 50 career inspections as team leader.
- 6-sigma certified/active interest in quality and lean laboratory operations.
Mycology Color Atlas
Mycology Benchtop Reference Guide: An Illustrated Guide to Commonly Encountered Fungi
Subcutaneous phaeohyphomycosis caused by Cladophialophora bantiana.
Epiglottic histoplasmosis presenting in a nonendemic region.
Laryngeal and respiratory tract sporotrichosis and steroid inhaler use.
2013 - Gambino Challenger Award by Quest Diagnostics for laboratory quality metrics.