“From Gene to Function: the Role of the Renin-Angiotensin System in the Regulation of Cardiovascular Function ”.
News from the Lab:
- New publication from Dr. Jiaxi Xu and Dr. Srinivas Sriramula: Clinical Relevance and Role of Neuronal AT1 Receptors in ADAM17-Mediated ACE2 Shedding in Neurogenic Hypertension. (5/2017)
- New publication from Ms. Snigdha Mukerjee: Perinatal exposure to Western diet programs autonomic dysfunction in the male offspring. (5/2017)
- New publication from Dr. Kim Pedersen and Dr. Harshita Chodavarapu: Forkhead box transcription factors of the FOXA class are required for basal transcription of ACE2. (4/2017)
- Dr. Harshita Chodavarapu successfully defended her thesis. (3/2017)
- New publication from Dr. Tyler Basting: DOCA-Salt hypertension: An update. (3/2017)
- New publication from Dr. Srinivas Sriramula and Dr Kim Pedersen: Determining the Enzymatic Activity of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 (ACE2) in Brain Tissue and Cerebrospinal Fluid Using a Quenched Fluorescent Substrate. (2/2017)
Experimental Biology, Chicago, IL, USA, April 22-26th 2017:
- Ms. Harshita Chodavarapu has been selected to receive the American Physiological Society Endocrinology & Metabolism Research Recognition Award, that will be presented to her during the EB 2017 conference in Chicago (1/2017).
- Dr. Jiaxi Xu has been selected to receive the American Physiological Society NCAR membership-sponsored Experimental Biology Trainee Award that will be presented to her during the EB 2017 conference in Chicago (12/2016).
- Ms. Snigdha Mukerjee has been selected to receive the American Physiological Society Attoquant-sponsored Experimental Biology Trainee Award from the NCAR section, that will be presented to her during the EB 2017 conference in Chicago (12/2016).
- Dr. Lazartigues and his colleagues Drs. Yue and Gardner (Physiology), were awarded a multiple PI R01 (1R01HL135635) entitled "Chronic nicotine inhalation increases susceptibility to cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases through inhibition of local compensatory mechanisms" (12/2016).
- New publication from Ms. Harshita Chodavarapu and Dr. Kavaljit Chhabra: High-fat diet-induced glucose dysregulation is independent of changes in islet ACE2 in mice(10/2016).
- New publication from Dr. Jiaxi Xu and Ms. Snigdha Mukerjee: A disintegrin and metalloprotease 17 in the cardiovascular and central nervous systems (10/2016).
Experimental Biology, San Diego, CA, USA, April 2-6th 2016:
- Dr. Srinivas Sriramula made an oral presentation entitled “Knockdown of Bradykinin B1 Receptor Reduces Neuro-inflammation and Prevents the Development of Salt-Sensitive Hypertension”.
- Dr. Jiaxi Xu made an oral presentation entitled “Neuronal activation of ADAM17 by AT1A receptors contributes to neurogenic hypertension”. Dr. Xu received the Postdoctoral and Early Career Research Recognition Award from the American Physiological Society Neural Control and Autonomic Regulation section.
- Ms. Snigdha Mukerjee made an oral presentation entitled “ACE2 Deletion is Associated with Increased ADAM17 and Reduced Inhibitory Currents to Pre-sympathetic Hypothalamic Neurons”. Ms. Mukerjee received the Predoctoral Research Distinction Award from the American Physiological Society Water & Electrolyte section.
Angiotensin Gordon Research Conference, Il Ciocco, Italy, February 21-26th 2016:
- Dr. Jiaxi Xu made an oral presentation entitled “ADAM17 in Neurogenic Hypertension: Function and Regulation”. Dr. Xu received the Gordon Research Conference Poster Award.
X International Symposium on Vasoactive Peptides, Lagoa dos Ingleses, Minas Gerais, Brazil, October 29-31st 2015:
- Ms. Snigdha Mukerjee made an oral presentation entitled “ACE2 modulates the excitability of pre-sympathetic neurons in the paraventricular nucleus”.
- Dr. Jiaxi Xu was awarded a 2-year Post-doctoral fellowship from the American Heart Association Greater SouthEast Affiliate to study the role of ADAM17 and AT1 receptors in neurogenic hypertension (July 2015).
- Dr. Srinivas Sriramula was awarded a 3-year Scientist Development Grant from the American Heart Association Greater SouthEast Affiliate to study the role of bradykinin receptors in neurogenic hypertension (July 2015).