Pain Medicine Fellowship - LSU New Orleans
The LSU section of PM&R offers a one-year ACGME-accredited fellowship in pain medicine for physicians who have completed or will complete a US based ACGME accreditted residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Neurology, Anesthesiology, or Psychiatry. The fellowship program works to develop the special skills necessary for effective diagnosis and therapeutic management of the broad spectrum of pain problems seen in all segments of the population. In addition, the pain medicine fellow participates in the section's clinical research projects.
- 4 positions available per year
- We do not start fellows off cycle.
- All fellows have to be able to start the program on July 1st.
- Randolph Roig, M.D. is the Program Director.
- The Section of PM&R of the Department of Internal Medicine administers the Pain Medicine Fellowship.
- We do not sponsor visas at this time, so all applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- must be eligible to get a Louisiana License to practice medicine in order to be considered
- Application Documents for the 2019/2020 academic year will only be accepted via ERAS (only standard ERAS documents are required) and the NRMP Fellowship Match
- Applicants must be ABMS board eligible by the July 1st start date in a parent specialty, e.g., Anesthesiology, PM&R, Psychiatry, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Radiology, or Family Medicine.
- Do not send extra documents via email or mail as they are not required.
- Pain Medicine Fellowship falls under the December cycle. Please see ERAS for details. It is listed as a subspecialty of Anesthesiology.
- All applicants who will be considered for interviews will be notified in June/July to discuss scheduling of the interviews. We will communicate with you via email only if you are selected for an interview.
For more information go to
The following documents are required for application via ERAS
- ERAS application documents
- ERAS CV , personal letter, 3 letters of reference, (one of these letters must be from your current or past resident program director)
- Below is the link to NRMP Pain Fellowship match which is listed under Anesthesiology specialty matches.
- You will only be contacted if selected for interviewing in July.
LSU HSC PM & R/Pain Medicine
1542 Tulane Ave, Box T4M-2
New Orleans, LA 70112
POC: Program Coordinator, Maggie Niles
Office: 504-568-2577 Fax: 504-568-2127
*preferred contact via Email: email@example.com