To provide opportunities and clinically relevant experiences that help to create better medical students and to educate interested members about the exciting field of Emergency Medicine. The LSUHSC Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) is an organization whose mission is to provide both education and experience in the field of Emergency Medicine.
If you are considering Emergency Medicine as a possible career choice, or just want to gain some experience in the Emergency Room setting, then EMIG is the place to start.
Benefits of belonging to EMIG
- Only EMIG members may sign up to volunteer at LSU Interim Hospital (University). EMIG provides your malpractice coverage.
- Priority scheduling for skills lab workshops
- Free food provided at lunch meetings with speakers presenting a variety of topics in Emergency Medicine
- Custom EMIG T-shirt
Welcome to the LSU Emergency Department! Nowhere else in America can you find a more exciting place in which to experience emergency medicine. LSU – EMIG is proud to be able to allow its members the opportunity to volunteer in this unique environment. Please use the following guidelines and rules when volunteering at LSU Interim Hospital:
• Join EMIG/pay dues
• Read volunteer instructions and sign up for a timeslot with the following links:
|BLS Coordinator||Sara Robicheauxemail@example.com|
|BLS Coordinator||Elise Doranfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|BLS Coordinator||Jeremy Krumholtemail@example.com|
|Skills Lab Coordinator||Paul Ramirezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Skills Lab Coordinator||Jeffrey Belmontemail@example.com|
|Skills Lab Coordinator||Andrew Mulletfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SGA/EMRA Representative||Adolph Curetemail@example.com|
Research Coordinator: Benjamin I. Lee, MPH (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emergency Medicine Director of Research: Dr. Lisa Moreno-Walton (email@example.com)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Avegno (JAvegn@lsuhsc.edu)
• Student Procedure Manual
• American College of Emergency Physicians
• Emergency Medicine Residency Association