Scope of clinical practice includes general Endocrinology including disorders of the
pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands, metabolic bone disease, and diabetes mellitus.
Professional interests include undergraduate medical education, graduate medical
education, and mentorship of medical students and fellows.
New York Medical College
Valhalla, New York
Boston Medical Center
Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Affiliated Hospitals & Clinics
- LSU Health Network St. Charles Multispecialty Clinic
- University Medical Center
1. Malkani S, de Silva T. Controversies on how diabetes is diagnosed. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes.
2012 Apr; 19(2): 97-103.
2. Smith E, Pisano C, Richards R, de Silva T, Lopez F. New Onset Hypertension and Diabetes in a 24 Year-Old Man. J La State Med
Soc. 2018 Jan-Feb; 170(1)25-30.
3. A. Alzenaidi, T. deSilva. Endocrine Society. Persistent Improvement in Symptomatic Hypocalcemia after rh-PTH
(I-84) Therapy and Discontinuation in an Adult with Idiopathic Hypoparathyroidism.
Endocrine Reviews. Volume 39. 2018
4. Primeaux SD, de Silva T, Tzeng TH, Chiang MC, Hsia DS. Recent advances in the modification of taste and food
preferences following bariatric surgery. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2016Jun;17(2):195-207.
doi: 10.1007/s11154-016-9365-0. PMID: 27245858.
5. de Silva T, Cosentino G, Ganji S, Riera-Gonzalez A, Hsia DS. Endocrine Causes of Hypertension.
Curr Hypertens Rep. 2020 Oct 20;22(11):97. doi: 10.1007/s11906-020-01108-3. PMID: