Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship
The Electrophysiology Fellowship Program is a one-year ACGME-accredited fellowship for trainees who have completed a three-year accredited training program in Cardiovascular Diseases and are eligible to sit for the ABIM certification exams in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases.
As a Fellow, you will be expected to:
- Attend weekly EP and Case conferences.
- Attend and give lectures for Cardiology Grand Rounds and Journal Club.
- Attend monthly research conferences and present your projects.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure publication of research data.
- See patients in the University Medical Center New Orleans Subspecialty Clinic weekly. (Continuity clinic)
- Interact with students and residents in patient care and teaching
Number of fellows in the one-year Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program: One
We will be accepting applications for the 2023-2025 fellowship through the ERAS system.
You MUST be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident on form I-551, or a J-1 Visa holder to apply to our program.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from current/former
- Personal statement
- ECFMG certificate necessary for foreign medical graduates
- USMLE scores
- US Citizen, permanent resident (Form I-551), or ECFMG sponsorship as a J-1
exchange visitor only. (you must be employable under one of these three conditions when applying)
c/o Ms. Judy Weber
Dept of Medicine Section of Cardiology
533 Bolivar St CSRB 3-42
New Orleans LA 70112
Questions about our program may be directed to:
paul lelorier, Program director or judy weber, program coordinator