For Family & Community
General education workshops cover asthma as a disease, recognition of warning signs, recognition and control of triggers and asthma medications.
Management topics include:
- Correct usage of inhalers with practice sessions.
- Use of peak flow meters and their importance in objectively evaluating symptoms.
- Communicating with your physician, children's schools and employers regarding asthma and its management.
- Understanding how exercise affects the disease.
- How to develop an emergency action plan and its importance in helping people to live with asthma.