Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship
Number of fellows in the two-year EP fellowship training program - 1
As a Fellow, you will be expected to:
- Attend weekly EP and Case conferences.
- Attend and give lectures for Cardiology Grand Rounds and Journal Club.
- Attend monthly research conferences and present your projects.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure publication of research data.
- See patients in the University Medical Center New Orleans Subspecialty Clinic weekly. (Continuity clinic)
- Interact with students and residents in patient care and teaching
There is a 1-month waiting period for health insurance through the State of Louisiana.
Fellows beginning July 1 will have coverage August 1.
Application Information for 2023-2025 EP fellowship:
We will be accepting applications for the 2023-2025 fellowship through the ERAS
• current curriculum vitae
• three letters of recommendation
• personal statement
• ECFMG certification necessary for foreign medical graduates
• USMLE scores
• US Citizen, permanent resident (Form I-551), or ECFMG sponsorship as a J-1 exchange
visitor only. (applicant must be a J-1 visa holder at time of application to be considered)
Virtual Tour of New Orleans
Questions about our program may be directed to Paul LeLorier, MD, Program Director
at firstname.lastname@example.org or Judy Weber, Program Coordinator email@example.com
Dept of Medicine Section of Cardiology
533 Bolivar St Box CSRB 3-42
New Orleans LA 70112
Robert O. Drutel, MD
2014 - 2016
Robert Drennan, MD
2016 - 2018
Ronnie Ortiz, MD
2019 - 2021
Dedric Clarke, MD