The Office of Diversity and Community Engagement (ODCE) goals are:
- To increase minority and disadvantaged interest in the sciences at the grade school level in order to encourage more students to become physicians and other healthcare professionals;
- To enhance the academic preparedness of the K-12 and college students;
- To increase the recruitment of minorities and disadvantaged into the medical profession;
- To provide a supportive environment for underrepresented and disadvantaged students in medical school to ensure retention and graduation;
- To increase the number of underrepresented minority faculty in an effort to foster mentors and role models; and,
- To provide and promote a culturally competent education to all our students and residents.