Associate Professor of Physiology LSU School of Medicine
Location: CSRB seminar room 563
For more information or program materials email Jason Gardner, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify the two major extracellular matrix (ECM) components in the heart.
- Explain what is meant by “cardiac remodeling.”
- Describe the key role that the enzyme lysyl oxidase (LOX) plays in the formation of ventricular collagen.
- Identify the primary cardiac structural and ECM changes associated with chronic volume overload stress.
- Explain the functional outcome of LOA inhibition in the volume overload condition.
Accreditation: The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans designates this live activity for a maximum 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.