Rural Family Medicine Residency Program
at Our Lady of the Angels Hospital
The LSU Rural Family Medicine Residency Program is an institutionally sponsored program with 18 resident positions and is fully accredited by the ACGME. As a rural training program, we are located ninety minutes north of New Orleans in the community of Bogalusa, Louisiana, population 13,000. Our unopposed residency program is clinically aligned with Our Lady of the Angels, one of LSU’s training hospitals.
Candidate applications for the upcoming academic year must be made through the Electronic Residency Applications System, ERAS no later than December 1.
To be considered for an interview with our program, non-LSU School of Medicine applicants must:
1) be United State Citizens, Permanent Residents of the US or J-1 Visa holders sponsored by the ECFMG;
2) have successfully passed USMLE Step exam with no more than 2 attempts (candidate’s certified “USMLE Official Transcript of Scores” must be on file in ERAS);
3) hold an ECFMG certificate, if applicable;
4) have graduated from medical school in the past three years;
5) have completed a minimum of six months of clinical rotations as a medical student in the US during the previous two years, two of which must have been in Family Medicine.