RESIDENCY APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications to the first year of residency must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline for ERAS applications is November 1st. Applicants will begin receiving correspondence through ERAS in November regarding their application status. We will be following the 2019-2020-21 recommendations of APGO/CREOG regarding the Ob/Gyn residency application and interview process.
- A completed AAMC-NRMP application. Participation in the Match is mandatory to be considered for an interview.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)-released thru ERAS.
- An official medical school transcript..
- An official copy of your USMLE scores (You must pass Step 1 prior to the time of application. Step 2 and 3 are not required at the time of application, though Step 2 scores are taken into consideration during the application review process for those who have taken the exam).
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members familiar with your performance.
- Although a photograph is optional, it will be of great importance to track applicants after their interviews since the final selection process depends heavily upon the interviewers' personal recollections.
- Foreign medical graduates: Must have at least one month on an acute medicine service in the United States before he/she can be considered for residency (cannot be an observership).
- Foreign medical graduates: We only accept J-1 visas and we do not sponsor.
- Interviews are scheduled through our Residency Coordinator.
- Interview dates are offered in accordance with the guidelines set forth by APGO/CREOG. It is important to monitor your email to ensure that your preferred date is secured.
Interview Dates for the Class of 2025 are TBD. Please check back for more information soon.
Thank you for your interest in the LSU-NOLA Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program.