Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
How to Apply
Candidates may apply annually in July, and we conduct interviews from August through November of each academic year.
To qualify for appointment, candidates must:
- Complete pediatric residency training at an accredited institution
- Graduate from one of the following:
- LCME-accredited medical school in the United States or Canada
- AOA-accredited osteopathic medical school in the United States
- Medical school outside of the United States with one of the following:
- Currently valid ECFMG certificate
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction
- Medical school outside of the United States with completion of a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school
- Pass one of the following board examinations by the starting date of fellowship training:
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3
- COMLEX Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Satisfy the requirements of the State of Louisiana Boards of Medical Licensure for appointment to the specific level of training for which the position is offered
Sponsorship of J-1 visas may be considered for qualified applicants.
Please contact Rebecca Taliancich, Fellowship Program Coordinator, for any additional questions at (504) 896-2891.