Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program
Salaries and Benefits
28 days per year (7 day work week, including Saturday and Sunday)
14 days of non-cumulative paid sick leave per year. Extended sick leave without pay is alloweable, at the discretion of the Department and in accordance with applicable law.
5 educational days per year
To receive paid maternity leave available vacation leave and sick leave must be utilized. Paid and unpaid maternity leave for up to six (6) weeks or extended unpaid maternity leave may be granted. Paid paternity leave must utilize available vacation leave. Extended leave without pay may be granted. LSUHSC does not grant paid paternity leave beyond the normal vacation allotment, but unpaid leave may be taken.
Health insurance, Disability insurance, Professional liability insurance and Retirement benefits are offered to all fellows.
An annual educational stipend of $500 is provided to all Hematology/Oncology fellows.
Meal tickets are provided to each fellow monthly.
Free parking at Children's Hospital.
All fellows are invited to join the LSU New Orleans Housestaff Association
- Department of Pediatrics lab coats are available for use at no cost.
- A 5% discount is available to residents at the LSUHSC bookstore with LSUHSC identification.
- LSU has an extensive library with electronic retrieval.
- A beeper is provided at no cost.
- LSUHSC has an institutional subscription to Up to Date, which residents may use free of charge.