The Core Facility is well equipped with instrumentations in 2D gel electrophoresis, liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry, for sample separation, analysis, and ultimate detection.
The major pieces of equipment serving the facility are:
2D Gel Electrophoresis
- Amersham IPGphor and Ettan DALT 2D gel electrophoresis
- 2 Typhoon imaging systems (for visualization of fluorescence dyes)
- DeCyder software program for image analysis and spot processing
- PDQuest 2D gel Analysis Software
- Ettan liquid sample handling robot workstation
- Thermo Fisher Orbitrap Fusion Tribrid mass spectrometer coupled to a Thermo Fisher Dionex Ultimate 3000 nano/cap 2-dimensional HPLC system.
- Thermo-Fisher LTQ XL Linear Ion Trap mass spectrometer coupled to a Thermo Fisher Dionex Ultimate 3000 nano/cap 2-dimensional HPLC system.
- Thermo Proteome Discoverer v2.1 software for quantitative mass spec data analysis.
Liquid Chromatography Systems
- 2 Dionex Ultimate 3000 Multidimensional Liquid Chromatographer with UV/Vis detector
The Proteomics Core Facility is located in the Clinical Science Research Building room 331. For further information please contact Jessie Guidry, (firstname.lastname@example.org)