- VisualDx is a subscription that must initially be accessed from campus or remotely via Citrix.
- Set up an account by going to www.visualdx.com and click the “Launch” VisualDx button at the top right.
- Click “Get our free app… Learn how” (center of VisualDx homepage) or “Get VisualDx Mobile” (top right of page).
- Create your personal username and password as instructed.
- Once you have a username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play.
- Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password you created.
- Read the Quick Start Guide.
Up To Date (for L3/L4s)
Contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let them know that you need access to your “individual trainee subscription” that was purchased by LSUHSC.
FYI, most people run into problems when they get logged into our hospital’s enterprise accounts. These subscriptions only last one month, while the one that the med school purchased will last through the end of the school year (and hopefully until you graduate).
-use for off-campus access to Epic, Cliq, M-drive, etc.
Disclaimer: Patient privacy is always a top priority, in order to ensure this:
- We recommend you always logout of the Citrix app.
- Ensure Citrix is not continuing to run in the background, by opening your multitasking and removing Citrix from the list.
- It is recommended that you have a passcode to access your phone.
- Download “citrix receiver” free from the App store.
- Click on the “+” or “Add Account” once inside the app.
- “Description”: can be anything you would like.
- “Address”: is “https://citrixweb.lsuhsc.edu/“
- Enter username and password
- “Domain”: is LSUMC-MASTER
- Leave the “access gateway” switch at the bottom in the “off” position.
UMCNO Companion App
Don’t get lost at the new University Medical Center New Orleans (UMCNO). Download the app, UMCNO Companion. It contains helpful maps, phone numbers, and departmental resources. The app is available for Android, iPhone, and iPad. After downloading, enter the access code: umcno.
Subscribe to the SGA Calendar of Events
- Save the Google calendar to your google account, click the “+ Calendar” button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- If you want to add the calendar to your iPhone, directions are below. Google calendars should populate to Android devices automatically.
- For iPhones, go to iPhone Settings, open Mail/Contacts/Calendars. If you Gmail account is not listed, Add it.
- In Settings, select the gmail account, and toggle the calendar switch to On.
- Now, here’s the trick. Go to www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect (best/easiest to do this from a computer)
- Check the boxes for each Google calendar that you would like to see on your iPhone, then click save
- Open the calendar app on your phone, refresh the calendar list, and you should be good to go.