The goal of the LSUHSC-NO PREP is to prepare individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in the biomedical sciences, who have recently completed their baccalaureate science degrees, for successful enrollment, retention, and completion of a PhD or MD-PhD training program. The one-year program provides an annual salary of $27,200.
- United States citizen or a permanent resident
- Obtained baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university less than 36 months prior to PREP application date
- Individuals from groups that have been shown to be underrepresented in biomedical research: Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
- Individuals with disabilities, who are defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
- Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who come from a family with an annual income below established low-income thresholds and/or rural or inner city educational environments inhibiting career.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Eligibility as defined by NIH https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-18-122.html