Our program accepts qualified candidates for PhD degrees.
Students interested in applying to the MIP department for graduate education must meet the minimum requirements of the School of Graduate Studies and the MIP department.
In addition to the School of Graduate Studies entrance requirements, the MIP department academic recommended requirements are:
- B.S. in Life or Natural Sciences
- Research Experience
- GPA of at least 3.0
- A Graduate Record Examination score of 300 or higher on the combined verbal and quantitative sections. Minimum score in each category is 150.
GRE CODE IS 6600.
- A general biology course (e.g., zoology, botany, comparative anatomy)
- A course in general microbiology and a subspeciality course (e.g., bacteriology, microbial genetics, immunology, virology)
- TOEFL score of at least 84 (international students). We also accept IELTS.
Consult the web site for the School of Graduate Studies for further information about how to apply, types of admission, application forms and registration. Applicants cannot apply through individual laboratories.
Applicants should have submitted to the School of Graduate Studies no later than April 1, the following:
- Application Form
- GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS score (international students only)
- College transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
(Letters can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A letter outlining academic background and career objectives.
(Include research experience if applicable.)
- $30 application fee
Interviews are arranged with applicants whenever possible. Qualified students, regardless of sex or race, are given careful consideration.
All candidates will be evaluated by the departmental faculty before final action is taken by the School of Graduate Studies. Acceptance into the graduate program is based on recommendations made by the MIP department faculty to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants are notified by e-mail.
Application is online and access is available at the School of Graduate Studies.