- - LSU Eye Center at LSU Health Care Network, New Orleans
- - LSU Eye Clinic at Our Lady of the Angels Hospital, Bogalusa
- - LSU Eye Clinic at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge
- - LSU Eye Clinic at University Hospital and Clinics, Lafayette
- - LSU Eye Clinic at University Medical Center, New Orleans
Dr. Haydee Bazan is studying the effects of platelet-activating factor as an important lipid mediator in the cornea. Platelet-activating factor stimulates the activation of several metabolites involved in inflammation, such as prostaglandins, collagenases, gelatinases, and others. Knowledge of the cascade of events that occur at the gene-expression level and at the level of enzyme activation will help to uncover strategies to control inflammation and scarring that result from injury to the cornea or from corneal surgery.