Selection of applicants for the Ph.D. program in Development, Cell & Neurobiology is based upon previous academic performance, strength of previous training, letters of recommendation, and performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). First consideration will be given to those applicants with strong backgrounds in the biological and/or physical sciences.
To be considered for admission, individuals must submit the following materials:
- an application to the School of Graduate Studies with the appropriate filing fee
- two copies of transcripts from each institution attended
- two letters of recommendation
- a written statement outlining the student's goals and expectations
- results of the GRE (a minimum combined score of 1100 on the Verbal and Quantitative parts of the GRE is required)
- the advanced GRE test in biology or biochemistry
All foreign applicants must complete the Department's pre-application form prior to completing the School of Graduate Studies application.
Click here for information on degree requirements.
HOW TO OBTAIN APPLICATION FORMS
In order to receive an application packet, please complete the graduate program inquiry form or e-mail your request to the Director of Graduate Studies for the program in Development, Cell & Neurobiology.
Application forms may be downloaded from theSchool of Graduate Studies Website as Adobe Acrobat® PDF files.
WHERE TO MAIL THE COMPLETED FORMS
The completed forms should be mailed to:
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy
Program in Development, Cell & Neurobiology
LSU Health Sciences Center
1901 Perdido Street, Room 6103
New Orleans, LA 70112