Stephen W. Landreneau, M.D., FACG
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of South Alabama Hospitals
Residency, Internal Medicine, University of South Alabama Hospitals
Internship, Internal Medicine, University of South Alabama Hospitals
Doctorate of Medicine, Louisiana State University School of Medicine
Bachelor of Science, Microbiology; Minors in Chemistry, Sociology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. August 1997 to May 2001
Dr. Landreneau was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana. He completed his undergraduate training at LSU in Baton Rouge in 2001, and his M.D. at LSU HSC in New Orleans in 2005. He completed internship, residency, and fellowship training in gastroenterology at the University of South Alabama Hospitals in Mobile, Alabama. Following fellowship, he returned to New Orleans to join the faculty in the LSU Department of Medicine’s Section of Gastroenterology. Dr. Landreneau is certified by the ABIM in internal medicine and gastroenterology.
Advanced Endoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Pancreatic and Biliary Disease, Viral Hepatitis, Hemorroid Treatment, Colon Cancer Screening
1. Hudson C, Fontenot E, Landreneau SW. Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia Presents as a Polypoid mass in a Cirrhotic. Gastrointest Endosc 2017 PMID: 28803743
2. Montminy E, Karlitz J, Landreneau SW. First Report of Small Cell Lung Cancer with Associated PTHrP-induced Hypercalcemic Pancreatitis resulting in Disconnected Duct Syndrome: A Case Report and Brief Review. World J Onc. 2017 Accepted for publication. PMID: 29067279
3. Landreneau SW, DiPalma JA. Colon cleansing for colonoscopy 2013: Current Status. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2013. PMID: 23852571
4. Landreneau SW, DiPalma JA. Intestinal Parasites in Capsule Endoscopy by Case Study. Edited by Raines DL. Ambris Publishing 2012.
5. Landreneau SW, Knudsen C, Rodriguez R. Dysphagia in a patient with esophageal intramural pseudodiverticulosis. Visual Journal of Human Endoscopy 2011;10:1 n. pag. Web. 23 April 2011
6. Landreneau SW, Di Palma JA. Update on Preparation for Colonoscopy. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2010;12:5:366-373. PMID: 20640945
7. Landreneau SW, Herrera JL. Chronic Hepatitis B: Who and How to treat. Practical Gastroenterology 2007;31;11:25-40