Betty Lo-Blais, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine and Pediatrics
Director, Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Program
Department of Pediatrics
200 Henry Clay Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70118
Patient Appointments (Adult):
Napoleon Avenue Clinic: 504.412.1250
Kenner Clinic: 504.412.1733
MD - 1992
LSU School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
After earning her MD from LSU School of Medicine, Dr. Lo-Blais completed her internship and residency in Medicine/Pediatrics from the same institution. She also served as chief resident in Pediatrics for the 1996-97 academic year. She joined the faculty of LSUHSC in 1997 as Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Medicine.
During her years at LSU, Dr. Lo-Blais has won numerous teaching awards. In 1998 she became an assistant program director for LSU’s Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Program, and she became program director the following year. In addition to her many educational and clinical activities, she volunteers at several community service clinics and activities.
Dr. Lo-Blais is board certified in Internal Medicine and in Pediatrics. She is also a member of the American Association of Pediatrics, the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Internal Medicine, the American College of Physician Executives, the Medicine/Pediatrics Program Director’s Association (MPPDA), and the Association of Program Directors for Internal Medicine (APDIM).
- Director, Annual IM Residency Clinical Procedures Skills Fair
- Director, Biannual Simulator Fair for IM, Medi/Ped, and Medicine/Emergency Medicine residents
- Director, Senior Special Topics for Graduating LSU Medical Students
|Committees & Administrative Responsibilities
- Institutional Graduate Medical Education Advocacy Committee
- International Travel Committee
- Women’s Affair Committee
- Institutional Graduate Medical Education Committee
- Admissions Committee
- Student-Faculty Council on Professional Conduct Committee
- Pediatrics Competency Committee
- Pediatrics Curriculum Committee
- Internal Medicine Residency Evaluation Committee
- Pediatrics Residency Evaluation Committee
Njoku, Tate, Zadeh, Hauck, Chaudhry, Lo-Blais, Nesbitt, Sanders, Lopez. A Middle-aged Man with Newly Diagnosed HIV Infection and Rash. Louisiana State Journal.
Lo-Blais B, Hescock G. Benign hypertrophic gastropathy in children. Pediatrics in Review 25(4), 2004.
Lo-Blais B, McClean H. The female athlete triad: No pain, no gain. Clin Pediatr 42(7), September 2003.