To apply for a fellowship position, we require:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (at least)
- Personal statement
- ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- USMLE scores
♦ We select candidates through the medical specialty match program at AAMC.
- How many spots? Three full time spots
- Do you accept visas? H1-B and F-1 visa applicants are not eligible for acceptance.
- What is the call schedule during consultation blocks? The fellow is on service for 6 out of 7 days. No cross coverage calls. Clinic/research months are call free.
- Who will be my mentor? Mentors will be selected in the first year faculty. They are in place to guide help you navigate through fellowship. They will assist with research projects, general presentations and career guidance.
- Vacation time? You will have a total of 21 days each academic year and can be scheduled throughout the year. Continuity clinics must be canceled three months in advance to allow patients to be re-scheduled if needed.
- What is the official moonlighting policy? Moonlighting is permitted but must be logged in duty hours and Program Director notified ahead of time.
- Do I need Louisiana State Medical Licensure? An incoming fellow must obtain a full unrestricted physician's medical license in the State of Louisiana. This process can take up to 6 months, especially for foreign medical graduates. The applicant that is accepted must apply for their license by the end of December. You must have a full Louisiana medical license to begin your fellowship. Please go the LSBME website and review the application process and requirements. It is strongly suggested you do so prior to applying for our fellowship.
Have another question? Please contact us!