Case Conferences Presented at University Medical Center in New Orleans
- Drug Reaction with Eosinophilic and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) Secondary to Allopurinol - by Benjamin Morehead, HOII, November 17, 2015.
- Hypersensitivity/Anaphylactoid Reaction to Iodinated Radio-contrast Media - by Rose Paccione HOIV, Med-Peds; August 5, 2014.
- Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy - by David Tadin, Categorical HOIII; March 3, 2015.
- Myocarditis - by Abby Gandolfi, Categorical HOII; May 17, 2016.
- Right Atrial Thrombus with Pulmonary Embolism - Lauren Davis, Categorical HOIII; August 18, 2015.
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy - by Mallory Smith, Med-Peds HOI and Scott Laura HOI, Categorical HOI; November 6, 2012.
- Review of CABG vs. PCI in Stable Ischemic Heart Disease - by Bobby Mathew, Categorical HOII, Morning Report August 12, 2014
- Pseudomembranous Colitis - by Adrienne Arbour, Categorical HOII; November 15, 2011.
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis - by Matthew Jordan, Categorical HOII, February 8, 2013.
Hematology & Oncology
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia and Separate Lung Primary - by Ellen Chang, Med-Peds HOIII; September 1, 2015.
- Amyloidosis with Multiple Myeloma - by Scott Laura, Categorical HOII; April 15, 2014.
- Coumadin induced skin necrosis - by Christine Bojanowski, Med-Peds HOIII; December 4, 2012.
- Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Secondary to Recurrent Large B Cell Lymphoma - by Teresa Backes, Med-Peds HOIII, December 1, 2015.
- Red Cell Aplasia secondary to Parvovirus B19 - by Daniel Johnson and Rikki Weems, Categorical HOIII and HOII, October 21, 2014.
- Refractory ITP with Bone Marrow Sarcoidosis Involvement - Falon Brown, Categorical HOIII, November 3, 2015.
- TTP presenting with SLE - by Kendrick Sparks, Categorical HOII; April 7, 2015.
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency - by Raisa Martinez, Neurology Resident; April 17, 2012.
- AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma - by Milan Patel, Categorical HOII, December 16, 2014.
- Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (Double Hit) - by Thomas Tarro, Med-Peds HOII; May 5, 2015.
- Fetal Adenocarcinoma - by Gregg Anazia, Categorical HOIII, June 3, 2014.
- Stage IV Gastric Adenocarcinoma - by Courtney Austin, Med-Peds HOIV, May 1, 2012.
- Malignant Pleural Effusion with Poorly Differentiated Cancer of Unknown Origin - by Camille Doan, EM/IM IV, April 21, 2015.
- Multiple Myeloma - by Scott Laura, Categorical HOII; February 19, 2013.
- Acute Multiple Myeloma - by Kristen Lynch, Med-Peds HOIV, August 16, 2016.
- Neuroendocrine Tumor - by Scott Hebert, Categorical HOIII; October 20, 2015.
- Paraneoplastic Syndromes - Vaughn Washco, HOIII, September 2, 2014.
- Aortic Pseudoaneurysm with Serratia marcescens Infection - by Scott Melton, Categorical HOIII, September 6, 2016.
- CNS toxoplasmosis - by David Klibert, Categorical HOII; August 21, 2012.
- Culture Negative Aortic Valve Endocarditis - by Barrett Ford, Categorical HOII, August 2, 2016.
- Cryptococcal Meningitis, Fungemia and MSSA Bacteremia Secondary to Prostatic Abscess in HIV Patient - by Michael Modica HO II, April 5, 2016.
- Disseminated Cryptococcal Infections - by Allison Leonard, Categorical HOII, March 1, 2016.
- Disseminated Pneumococcal pneumoniae- by Elizabeth Smith, Med-Peds HOI, October 7, 2014.
- E. coli Meningitis - by Jiten Patel, Categorical HOIII; November 20th, 2012.
- Eikenella corrodens bacteremia - by Evan Atkinson, Med-Peds HOIII; March 19, 2013.
- FUO as presentation for Miliary Tuberculosis - by Heather Chau and Emily Nix, Categorical HOI and EM-IM HOV, November 4, 2014.
- HACEK Endocarditis - by Cody Hill, Categorical HOII, December 2, 2014.
- Infective Endocarditis with Aortic Root Abscess - Bobby Matthew, Categorical HOIII; September 15, 2015.
- Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis - by Rachel Coleman, Catecorgical HOIII, November 18, 2014.
- Legionella Pneumonia - by Ben Triche, Preliminary HOI and Alisha Lacour, Categorical HOIII; October 1, 2013.
- Leptosporsis - by Amy Patel, Categorical HOIII; June 8, 2016.
- Miliary Tuberculosis - by Erik Soine, IM-Derm HO V, July 19, 2011.
- M. kansasii shoulder infection - by Jaclyn Speigel, Categorical HOII; August 20, 2013.
- Necrotizing Fascitis - by Katie Spinks, Med-Peds HOIV; June 2, 2015.
- Pulmonary TB with associated pericardial effusion - by Camille Thelin, Categorical, HOI; August 16, 2011.
- Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome - by Jay Mansfield, Categorical HOI; October 2, 2012.
- TB associated pleural effusion with Rifampin induced AIN - by Ahmad Mustapha, EM-IM HOII; May 20, 2014.
- Medical Ethics - by Rose Paccione, Med-Peds III; November 5, 2013.
- Ethical Dilema of Withdrawal of Care After Suicide Attempt - by Michael Touchy, Categorical HOII, May 3, 2016.
- Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage - by Ben Andres, Categorical HOII; March 17, 2015.
- Parapneumonic Effusion Secondary to Post-Obstructive Pneumonia and Right Hilar Mass - by Jenna Jordan, Categorical HOIII; August 4, 2015.
- Spinal Shock Secondary to Myelopathy from Cervical Spinal Stenosis - by Milan Patel, HOII, Categorical; August 19, 2014.
- ANCA Associated Vasculitis - by Melissa Spera, Categorical HOII; April 1, 2014.
- Cryoglobulinemia - by Sophia Cenac, Categorical HOI; January 15, 2012.
- Dermatomyositis with ILD - by Alexandra Wright, Med-Peds HOIII; May 19, 2015.
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPN) with Orbital Pseudotumor - by Falon Brown, Categorical HOII; January 20, 2015.
- Sarcoidosis with Uveoparotitis - by Kishore Gandla, Med-Peds HOIV; May 3, 2011.
- ART induced Lactic Acidosis - by Andrea Caballero, Categorical HOII; March 18, 2014.
- Fibrillary Glomerulonephritis - by Matthew Oglesbee, Categorical HOII; January 19, 2016.
- Minimal Change Disease - by Noel Kemp, Categorical HOIII; July 17 2012.
- Wegener's Granulomatosis - by Arif Shahzad, Med-Peds HOIII; October 3, 2011.
If you would like to view the Powerpoint presentation files for any of these conferences, please login to the Residents' Corner here.