Office of Medical Education
2020 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
Call for Academy Member Application Portfolios
Expanded Membership Categories Now Available:
Protege, Associate, Fellow, Master Teacher, Teaching Scholar
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Peer review cycles occur quarterly, starting on the
15th of March, June, September, and December.
Membership Application Link
Click the link below for a quick overview of the Academy and membership.
For full details and to download application portfolio templates, scroll down and click the link to “Membership Applications”
A Quick Look at the Academy and its Membership Categories (PDF)
SAVE THE DATE!
2016 "Back to Basics" Summer Teaching Institute
Wednesday, July 27
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
School of Nursing Lecture Hall A
Program agenda coming soon!
SAVE THE DATE!
2016 Teaching Academy Fall Symposium and
Educational Scholarship Day
October 18, 2016
Human Development Center Auditorium
Educational Scholarship Day 2016 Submission Form
Please join us in congratulating the following individuals who were accepted into the Docere Teaching Excellence Fellowship as part of the 2015-2016 cohort:
- Bruce Hurley, MD , Associate, Instructor, Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine
- Leigh Anne Burns, MS, Associate, Instructor, Clinical Medicine/Nutrition, School of Medicine
- Rachel Chappell, MHS, Associate, Assistant Professor and Academic Coordinator, School of Allied Health
- Suzanne Fournier, DDS, Associate, Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Dentistry
- Douglas Johnston, PhD, Associate, Assistant Professor, School of Medicine
- Maria Reinoso, MD, Associate, Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Medicine
The Docere Fellows are also granted membership into the Teaching Academy as Associate Members.
Please join us in welcoming the newest Teaching Academy members:
- Marie Adorno, PhD, APRN, Associate, Instructor of Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing
- Tina Benoit-Clark, MD, MBA, FACP, Fellow, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Internal Medicine (Lafayette), School of Medicine
- Janice Townsend, DDS, Master Teacher, Chair, Pediatric Dentistry, Associate Professor, School of Dentistry
- Kathleen Crapanzano, MD, Teaching Scholar, Program Director, Psychiatry (OLOL-BR), School of Medicine