Office of Medical Education
2020 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
Call for Academy Member Application Portfolios
Expanded Membership Categories Now Available:
Protege, Associate, Fellow, Master Teacher, Teaching Scholar
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Peer review cycles occur quarterly, starting on the
15th of March, June, September, and December.
Membership Application Link
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2016 Fall Symposium & Educational Scholarship Day!
2016 Teaching Academy Fall Symposium
& Educational Scholarship Day
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
8:15 AM - 4:20 PM
Isidore Cohn, Jr. Student Learning Center
6th Floor, Lion's Building
Thank you to everyone who attended this year's
Back to Basics Summer Teaching Institute!
Program Agenda (PDF)
Please join us in congratulating the following individuals who were accepted into the Docere Teaching Excellence Fellowship as part of the 2015-2016 cohort:
- Bruce Hurley, MD , Associate, Instructor, Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine
- Leigh Anne Burns, MS, Associate, Instructor, Clinical Medicine/Nutrition, School of Medicine
- Rachel Chappell, MHS, Associate, Assistant Professor and Academic Coordinator, School of Allied Health
- Suzanne Fournier, DDS, Associate, Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Dentistry
- Douglas Johnston, PhD, Associate, Assistant Professor, School of Medicine
- Maria Reinoso, MD, Associate, Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Medicine
The Docere Fellows are also granted membership into the Teaching Academy as Associate Members.
Please join us in welcoming the newest Teaching Academy members:
- Marie Adorno, PhD, APRN, Associate, Instructor of Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing
- Tina Benoit-Clark, MD, MBA, FACP, Fellow, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Internal Medicine (Lafayette), School of Medicine
- Janice Townsend, DDS, Master Teacher, Chair, Pediatric Dentistry, Associate Professor, School of Dentistry
- Kathleen Crapanzano, MD, Teaching Scholar, Program Director, Psychiatry (OLOL-BR), School of Medicine
- Jennifer Martin, DNP, CRNA, Fellow, Instructor, School of Nursing