- - LSU Eye Center at LSU Health Care Network, New Orleans
- - LSU Eye Clinic at Our Lady of the Angels Hospital, Bogalusa
- - LSU Eye Clinic at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge
- - LSU Eye Clinic at University Hospital and Clinics, Lafayette
- - LSU Eye Clinic at University Medical Center, New Orleans
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis and other ocular opportunistic infections are a major cause of blindness in patients with AIDS. Antiretroviral drugs have offered some hope, yet CMV retinitis remains one of the most common infections, affecting 30-40% of AIDS patients. Dr. Maria Reinoso is conducting a longitudinal study of the ocular complications of AIDS (LSOCA). This multicenter, prospective, observational study of patients with AIDS is identifying key combinations of drug treatments to prevent blinding eye disease in AIDS patients.