Continuing Medical Education
- Laura Bell, Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
Department of Orthopedics
The primary target audience for this CME activity is faculty, residents, students, invited guests and other healthcare professionals practicing in the LSU Health System, LSU affiliated hospitals and communities within the State of Louisiana for whom this is within the current or potential scope of professional activities. The purpose of this activity is to promote improvements in healthcare in Louisiana.
Initiative Learning Objectives:
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Critically appraise and communicate the merits and disadvantages of various diagnostic and treatment strategies available to orthopaedic surgeons.
- Implement comprehensive patient histories into diagnostic and treatment strategies.
- Effectively evaluate radiographic evidence in order to determine optimal patient care.
- Consider current medical literature supporting orthopaedic interventions in order to proactively update treatment options.
- Quickly evaluate a patient's condition and make sound decisions for treatment based on best available knowledge and resources.
When / Where:
Every Wednesday, 7:00 AM / 1542 Tulane 1st Floor Auditorium
(Series expires April 26, 2012)
The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans (LSUSOMNO) ensures balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its sponsored educational activities. Faculty, planners or anyone in a position to control content are required to disclose to participants any financial relationships they may have had with commercial interests within the last 12 months, including in-kind donations. A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. Disclosure of financial relationships must be made during the planning stages of the activity, and all relationships thus disclosed are communicated to the audience prior to the activity.
For more information regarding the schedule of the grand round series, please contact Jennifer Doughty at (504) 568-4682