LSU Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Biweekly Clinical Cases discussion
- Faculty and fellows join every other week to discuss interesting cases on service, new trends seen in our patient population, and trouble shoot issues that arise.
- PHM Journal Club
- Quarterly PHM journal club led by fellows.
- PHM Clinical Lecture Series
- Lecture series coordinated by the senior fellow for PHM fellow/faculty group based on an annual needs' assessment. Topics usually cover new advances or updates in evidence-based medicine. Examples of topics include: Cystic Fibrosis: Care and Evidence, Updates in Antibiotic Stewardship, Updates in Asthma Care, Dermatologic Manifestations of Systemic Diseases, etc.
- PHM/ER Case Conference
- Held 1-2 times per year, this joint case conference features an interesting or confusing case presented by a fellow and discussed by fellows and faculty.
PHM Fellows' Curriculum
- Personalized research mentorship
- Based on your research interests, a research team will be assembled to help you brainstorm project ideas and design. This group is an outside resource and is separate from your senior author and co-authors.
- Senior Fellows' Manuscript Writing Sessions
- Senior fellows participate in mentored manuscript writing sessions throughout the year with dedicated faculty to provide education, guidance, and feedback so that manuscripts are prepared by the end of the second year.
- PHM Fellows' Lecture Series
- Monthly lecture series for PHM fellows specifically to cover a wide array of relevant
topics. Examples include:
- Family-Centered Rounding and Leading a Team
- Fellows as Educators/Educating a Team of Multi-level Learners
- Perfecting Presentations
- Research Curriculum: statistics and Project Design
- The Art of the Consult
- ...and more!
- Monthly lecture series for PHM fellows specifically to cover a wide array of relevant topics. Examples include:
- Pediatric Fellows' Core Curriculum
- This lecture series is for all LSU Pediatric Fellows. It is held monthly and is followed
by a research sharing session among the fellows and faculty. Topics include:
- CVs and Job Search Workshop
- Diversity and Health Disparities
- IRB/Grant Writing
- Quality Improvement 101
- Independent Study: Statistics and Manuscripts
- Business of Medicine
- Motivational Interviewing
- Difficult Conversations/Approach to Death and Dying
- Mindfulness and Positivity
- This lecture series is for all LSU Pediatric Fellows. It is held monthly and is followed by a research sharing session among the fellows and faculty. Topics include:
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine National Webinar Series
- This webinar series is put together by the PHM Program Director's Council Research
Subcommittee and is required for our fellows. Topics include:
- Choosing a Research Question
- Databases for PHM Research
- Writing Abstracts
- QI Publications
- Mentor-Mentee Relationships
- CVs and Cover Letters
- ...and more!
- This webinar series is put together by the PHM Program Director's Council Research Subcommittee and is required for our fellows. Topics include:
LSU Department of Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital Research Day
- LSU QI Fair
- Faculty Development - online modules and in-person meetings
- Grand Rounds weekly
- Residency noon conferences
- Resident-run journal club
- More LSU system-level opportunities based on fellow's career goals
- Southern Society for Pediatric Research
- Louisiana AAP Meeting
- PHM Conference
- PHM Fellows' Conference
- American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference
- Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting
- ...and more depending on the fellow's career goals and interests!