Vilma Cervantes Coordinator Spotlight

Vilma Cervantes
Vilma Cervantes

Coordinator Spotlight, Vilma Cervantes

The GME Office recognizes the important work of coordinators across the School of Medicine and the Coordinator Spotlight will highlight our coordinators who give so much of their time and energy to the position. This edition’s coordinator spotlight features Vilma Cervantes, Department of Medicine-Med/Peds Residency Program

Name:  Vilma Cervantes
Position:  Residency Coordinator
Department:   Medicine/Pediatrics
Years of Service:  12.5 years
What is the favorite part of your job? As a residency coordinator,  the focus is constantly changing. Every month brings new challenges.   These challenges keep my job interesting and rewarding.  Among the myriad of tasks that have to be completed, the most favorite part of my job is witnessing the professional development of each Med/Peds resident throughout their four years of residency.  I have developed great friendships with both faculty and residents through the years and look forward to many more!

What is the most challenging part of your job? I would say that my greatest challenge would be keeping up with the recent development of the NAS and the on-going data collection to be in compliance with the ACGME program and institutional requirements.

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, running, CrossFit, yoga, dining and outdoors adventures!!