The Ob-Gyn acting Internship will be geared to primary, preventive and acute health care for females relating to obstetrics and gynecology. Students will participate in patient care on the obstetrical and gynecology wards, participate in surgery and clinics. Daily rounds and teaching rounds will be included in the rotation. The acting internship will allow students to be involved in patient diagnosis and management.
The following is information regarding Acting Internships in the Department of OB/GYN
- Prior to your first day, contact Kathy Cantrell at (504) 568-4864 to find out where to report.
- You will be expected to participate in a balanced exposure of both OB and GYN during your Acting Internship.
- Proper professional attire is required in the clinic at all times (i.e. no scrubs unless you are working in Labor and Delivery or in the Colposcopy Clinic).
- You will be responsible for attending Grand Rounds on Wednesday mornings while in OB/GYN.
- You will be responsible for keeping an accurate record of your in hospital and clinic procedures and case management as well as presenting these to Dr. Alleyn on an assigned date during your Acting Internship.
- It is a requirement, during your AI, to generate a written report on a topic related to women’s health. It is expected that the information you present will come from recent peer reviewed journals.
- Five days prior to the completion of your AI, you are responsible to assign your evaluation through New Innovations to your attending hospital faculty member.
- If you are interested in being matched with an OB/GYN faculty member please see Dr. Alleyn.
Thank you and we hope that you enjoy your time in the Department of OB/GYN.