How to Apply
To ensure your safety and well-being, our fellowship interviews will be held remotely via the ZOOM platform. We will provide you with the necessary support and detailed logistical information.
Although the value of in-person interviews to gain an insight into our program and most importantly, our supportive learning environment will unfortunately be lost this year, we will provide you with the best humanistic experience as possible. All interviews, even for local candidates will be conducted in this manner to promote consistency, fairness, and equity. We look forward to getting to know you and visit with you virtually.
How to Apply:
1. Positions are offered only through the National Resident Matching Program: NRMP
2. All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service: ERAS
3. The following materials are required for a completed application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three or more letters of recommendation
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- USMLE scores
- Personal statement
Candidates may apply annually in July, and we conduct interviews from August through November of each academic year.
To qualify for appointment, candidates must:
- Complete pediatric residency training at an accredited institution
- Graduate from one of the following:
- LCME-accredited medical school in the United States or Canada
- AOA-accredited osteopathic medical school in the United States
- Medical school outside of the United States with one of the following:
- Currently valid ECFMG certificate
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction
- Medical school outside of the United States with completion of a Fifth Pathway program
provided by an LCME-accredited medical school
- Pass one of the following board examinations by the starting date of fellowship training:
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3
- COMLEX Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Satisfy the requirements of the State of Louisiana Boards of Medical Licensure for appointment to the specific level of training for which the position is offered
Sponsorship of J-1 visas may be considered for qualified applicants.
Please contact Taylor Rogge, Fellowship Program Coordinator, for any additional questions at (504) 896-2723 or email@example.com.
2023-2024 GI Fellows