Community Hospital Experience
- Completed at Our Lady of Angels Hospital, which houses LSU's Family Medicine Residency Program in Bogalusa, Louisiana.
- Fellows are supervised by LSU Pediatric Faculty who are true community pediatricians working in outpatient clinics, providing ER pediatric consults, staffing newborn nursery, and staffing the inpatient Pediatric service.
NICU and Newborn Nursery
- Completed just down the street at Touro Infirmary. Fellows are supervised by LSU Neonataology and General Pediatrics faculty.
Electives are tailored to the fellow's individual career goals. Many senior fellows opt to complete additional PHM or research rotations, but there are plenty of other available options!
- Available electives include, but are not limited to:
- Improvement Science and Patient Safety
- Medical Education
- Business Administration
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Complex Care
- Clinical Informatics
- Subspecialty clinical rotation in any available pediatric subspecialty at LSU/Children's Hospital.