Continuing Medical Education
- Laura Bell, Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
Stanley S. Scott Cancer Center
Invited Speaker Series
The primary target audience for this CME activity is faculty, residents, students, invited guests and other healthcare professionals practicing in the LSU Health System, LSU affiliated hospitals and communities within the State of Louisiana for whom this is within the current or potential scope of professional activities. The purpose of this activity is to promote improvements in healthcare in Louisiana.
Initiative Learning Objectives:
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Effectively communicate the nature and scope of a wide range of problems potentially facing cancer patients with those at all levels of cancer research and treatment (oncologists, hematologists, nurses, techs, medical students, etc.)
- Incorporate a fuller understanding of the latest scientific research on a wide range of particular oncologic conditions into daily practice.
- Collaborate with others in the field of cancer research and treatment in order to maximize available resources for the treatment of cancer patients
- Institute new diagnostic and treatment strategies to improve overall healthcare for cancer patients
When / Where:
Every other Thursday, 12:00 P.M. / CSRB Room 563
(Series expires December 31, 2012)
The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans (LSUSOMNO) ensures balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its sponsored educational activities. Faculty, planners or anyone in a position to control content are required to disclose to participants any financial relationships they may have had with commercial interests within the last 12 months, including in-kind donations. A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. Disclosure of financial relationships must be made during the planning stages of the activity, and all relationships thus disclosed are communicated to the audience prior to the activity.
S. Scott Cancer Center Speaker Series 2023
Addressing Health Equity through Community Health
Coletta Barrett, RN, FACHE
1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
For more information regarding the schedule of the grand round series, please contact Josh Lovell at (504) 568-2728