Clinical Correlation Course for Freshmen Medical Students
A 45 minute program with direct patient interaction and outlining Lung Pathophysiology in Tuberculosis with emphasis on anatomy.
Back to Basics Course for Sophomore Medical Students
A 2-hour multi-disciplinary, multi-faculty program incorporating basic sciences, behavioral sciences, TB epidemiology public health and clinical issues.
TB Chest Conference
Geared towards Junior Medical Students; Clinico-Pathophysiological -Radiological Correlation CPR IN CHEST MEDICINE
Geared towards senior medical students and residents rotating through the TB Clinic
Drug Resistant TB: A world tour
- Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Pulmonary Infections Article_Written by JA, September 2018.pdf
- Mycobacterium avium Complex Pulmonary Disease in Immunocompetent Patients
- Use of mefloquine in multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium avium complex pulmonary disease in an HIV-negative patient
- /tb/docs/NTM CHAPTER DOWNLOADED.pdf
The US Fulbright Scholar Award Juzar Ali LSU Ege Experience
LSU-EGE Fulbright Faculty exchange program under Dr. Juzar Ali’s Fulbright Alumni Initiative Award
- Dr. Warren Summer's report
- Visiting Faculty Ege University reports
TEACH Program (Tuberculosis Education Aimed at Community Health)
A community-based educational program with Medical students, initally funded by NIH; later supported by the WETMORE FOUNDATION
At the end of the TEACH program, the participating student will be able to:
- Have an increased awareness of the public health importance of tuberculosis
- Increase his/her knowledge base of the subject
- Identify public misconceptions about TB and appreciate cultural and ethnic differences in their comprehension.
- Enhance communication skills and establish a base for future leadership role in public health.
The Many Faces of TB