Interdisciplinary Skin Procedures Workshop
The Department of Family Medicine, in concert with the Physician Assistant Program in the School of Allied Health Professions, presents an undergraduate skin procedures workshop annually in the fall. The workshop introduces students to skin lesions encountered in outpatient settings, allows students hands-on experience with several dermatologic procedures, and supports an interdisciplinary team-work by including discussions of foundations of interprofessional care.
The goal of the workshop is to improve dermatological procedural and interprofessional knowledge, as well as increase the number of dermatologic procedures performed.
At the conclusion of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- List common office dermatologic procedures performed by Family Medicine providers and their appropriate applications
- identify the breadth of dermatologic skills performed by Family Medicine providers
- Discuss current training and roles of Physician Assistant and Medical Student professionals in dermatologic procedures
- Practice simulated office dermatologic procedures performed by Family Medicine providers
- Develop team skills in the setting of dermatologic procedures
For more information, please contact: