Journal Club Resources
Ben deBoisblanc, MD
Kyle Happel, MD
Stephen Kantrow, MD
Amita Krishnan, MD
Matthew Lammi, MD MSc
Other faculty are welcome too!
- Choose your article at least 2 weeks in advance, identify a mentor, then confirm your selection with your peers
- Discuss the article and teaching emphasis with your mentor early. www.criticalcarereviews may also have stimulating content.
- Keep introductory content to less than 15 minutes long (6-10 slides) - teach us a few interesting concepts and be concise!
- Include a PICO slide
- Present detailed data from the current study, but not prior studies (one journal club at a time!)
- Dedicate at least one or two slides to teach about an element of study design or statistical analysis (ask for suggestions!)
- Is this article practice changing? If not, what is the next important question to answer?
- Leave time for discussion (keep the presentation under 40 slides)