Committee for Diversity, Equity,
Inclusion and Belonging (CDEIB)
The committee for diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging brings together members of the sections of psychology & social work to identify and eliminate the barriers to a culturally inclusive, responsive, and antiracist institution. The committee is comprised of faculty and trainees of all levels. We are striving to build relationships among diverse groups and across disciplines within Southeastern Louisiana. We take action to address issues that require both immediate response and long-term strategy.
- Foster a welcoming environment that enables trainees, staff, and faculty to feel that they belong and are empowered, valued, respected, and safe.
- Recruit, support, and maintain sections of psychology and social work whose members represent multiple identities and backgrounds.
- Equitably increase visibility and representation among both members of the sections as well as the community in which we live and work.
- Disseminate relevant research and information about upcoming community and professional events related to our goals.
- Encourage and solicit feedback to ensure our clinical practice and training activities are aligned with our mission.
TOOLS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
In order to actively work towards our goal of creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all individuals and to uphold our commitment to inclusivity and diversity with tools for accountability related to antiracism and equality, the Sections of Psychology and Social Work have outlined the following six areas to help focus our efforts. These areas call for action on an individual level, as it relates to training interns and fellows,as well as on a larger level for faculty development and beyond our Section within our work environments and communities.
Learning and Education
Speaking Up and Taking Action
Creating Sustainable Change
We aim to hold ourselves accountable for our actions and committment to sustainable change by making our plan and process visible on our web pages which you will find here. Click on the individual tabs above to learn more.