Dr. Claudia Leonardi's Lab
Assistant Professor of Research, Louisiana State University – Health Sciences Center
School of Public Health - Behavioral and Community Health Sciences
2020 Gravier Street, Suite 361
New Orleans, LA 70112
Dr. Leonardi is an Assistant Professor within Behavioral and Community Health Sciences at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - a research, teaching, and service oriented academic program of the School of Public Health. She is a biostatistician with more than 15 years of research experience. She consulted and collaborated on numerous projects in the basic, clinical and population sciences, and I have therefore acquired extensive experience in a variety of statistical areas including multilevel analysis, mixed model, logistic regression, survival analysis and other statistical techniques. She collaborated with the Department of Surgery and the Department of Orthopedics within the School of Medicine by providing study design and statistical support to progress ideas into projects/grants and papers. Furthermore, her research focus has expanded onto exploring the social determinants of health. As a PI and co-PI of pilot projects, she and various collaborators investigated the social determinants of health disparities as they relate to modifiable, social and nutritive stressors in the community environment of New Orleans.
- Hossain, F, D. Danos, O. Prakash, A. Gilliland, T. Ferguson, N. Simonsen, C. Leonardi, Q. Yu, C. Wu, L. Miele, and R. Scribner. 2019. Neighborhood Social Determinants of Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Front. Public Health 7:18. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2019.00018.
- Starring, H., W.H. Waddell, W. Steward, S. Schexnayder, J. McKay, Leonardi C., A. Bronstone and V. Dasa. 2019. Total Knee Arthroplasty Outcomes in Patients with Medicare, Medicare Advantage, and Commercial Insurance. J Knee Surg. 2019 May 23. doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1688785.
- Kantrow SP, Jolley SE, Price-Haywood EG, Wang X, Tseng TS, Arnold D, Brown L, Leonardi C, Scribner RA, Trapido EJ, and Lin Hy. 2019. Using the Emergency Department to Investigate Smoking in Young Adults. Annals of Epidemiology. 30:44-49.
- Schexnayder, S., Starring, H., Fury, M., Mora, A., Leonardi C., and V. Dasa. 2018. The formation of a medical student research committee and its impact on involvement in departmental research. Med. Educ. Online. 23:1, 1424449, DOI:10.1080/10872981.2018.1424449.
- Schexnayder, S., Arnaud, E.H., Schexnayder, L., Patel, V., Leonardi C. and V.Dasa. 2018. Are Patients With Valgus Alignment the Same as Varus Alignment Prior to TKA? Orthopedics. 41(6):e783–e788.
- Danos, D., Leonardi, C., Gilliland, A., Shankar, S., Srivastava, R., Simonsen, N., Ferguson, T., Yu, Q., Wu, C. X. and R. Scribner. 2018. Increased risk of Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with neighborhood concentrated disadvantage. Front. Oncol. 8:375. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2018.00375.
- Hollier, J., Leonardi, C., Igbokwe, L., and V. Dasa. 2018. Knee range of motion as a discriminatory tool indicating potential meniscal tears. Ochsner J. Summer: 18(2):126-130. doi: 10.31486/toj.17.0040.
- Marrero C.E, . L. I. Igbokwe and C. Leonardi. 2018. Access to Orthopedic care post Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act. J. Nat. Med. Ass. doi.org/10.1016/j.jnma.2018.07.005.
- Scribner, R .A., R. L. Radix, A. E. Gilliland, C. Leonardi, T. F. Ferguson, T. P. Noel, R. G. Andall, N. R. Andall, C. Radix, R. Frank, J. Benjamin, J. James, R. Benjamin, R. L. Waechter, and M. S. Sothern. 2018. Absence of Adolescent Obesity in Grenada: A Generational Effect? Front. Public Health 6:204. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2018.00204.
- Danos, D.M., T.F. Ferguson, N. R. Simonsen, Leonardi C., Q. Yu , X.C. Wu and R.A. Scribner. 2018. Neighborhood disadvantage and racial disparities in colorectal cancer incidence: a population-based study in Louisiana. Ann Epidemiol. 28(5):316-321.e2.
- Schexnayder S., Starring H., Fury M., Mora A., Leonardi C., V. Dasa. 2018. The formation of a medical student research committee and its impact on involvement in departmental research. Med. Educ. Online. 23(1):1424449.