The orthopaedic residency at the LSU School of Medicine is an exceptional program that affords its participants the opportunity to develop their abilities and grow into their professional lives, well-equipped to handle all manner of medical challenges. During a rigorous five-year residency, you will hone your clinical and surgical skills, work alongside industry leaders, provide exceptional patient care and engage in research.
Since its founding in 1958, the program has produced talented orthpaedic practitioners across numerous subspecialties such as spine, sports, hand and orthopaedic oncology. Acceptance into the LSU Orthopaedic residency will grant you the chance to become a part of our storied legacy and launch a fulfilling medical career.
Why Consider the LSU Orthopaedic Residency
- Early operating autonomy and extensive hands-on experience across many orthopedic disciplines.
- Located in one of the most unique, historic and engaging cities in the country.
- Community of peers that value a strong sense of camaraderie and bring to the table a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences - helping everyone learn, grow and succeed.
- Rotations within New Orleans and surrounding rural and urban areas provide top-notch clinical experience and learning opportunities.
- Guidance and support from mentors to assist you during your research thesis.
- Fully funded educational excursions and various benefits provided to all residents.