Davis, Kurt G.
Clinical Associate Professor
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery
Associate Program Director- General Surgery
1542 Tulane Ave. 7th floor
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
Phone: (504) 568-4750
Fax: (504) 568-4633
University of Tennessee, B.S., Systems and Organismal Biology, May 1993
Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University, M.D., May 1997
- Surgical Education
- Minimally Invasive treatment for Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Cancer Health Disparities
|Committees & Administrative Responsibilities||
- CREST Committee, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Surgical Jeopardy Chair 2016 South Texas ACS Meeting, San Antonio, TX
- Curriculum Committee, Association of Surgical Educators Oct 2014-Present
- Young Fellows Committee, South Texas Chapter of the ACS January 2014- January 2015.
- Cancer Liaison Physician for the Commission on Cancer for William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX, 2012-June 2016.
- Self Assessment Committee, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons 2013- Present
- Graduate Medical Education Committee, Association of Surgical Educators 2012-Present
- Faculty Development Committee, Association of Surgical Educators 2011-2012
- Young Surgeons Committee, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, 2008- 2011
- Davis KG. Endoscopy in The ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Davis KG, Coviello LC Operating Room Set-Up in Laparoscopic Colectomy.
- Davis KG, Armstrong DN Harmonic Scalpel Hemorrhoidectomy in Colon and Rectal Surgery: Anorectal Operations, pp. 15-24, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia PA, 2012.
NON-PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Davis KG. Foregut Crohn’s Disease in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Surg Clin N Am 2015; 95 (6), 1183-93.
- Davis KG, Johnson E. Enterocutaneous Fistulas in Considerations and Consequences of Colorectal Surgery. Surg Clin N Am 2013;93.(1), 231-50.
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Davis KG A Short-Duration Restrictive Diet Reduces Visceral Adiposity in the Morbidly Obese Surgical Patient. Am J Surg 2016:
- Sirkin MR, Cook P, Davis KG. Evaluating Alternatives to Traditional Cotton Laparotomy Sponges for Blood Absorption in the Austere and Mobile Surgical Environment. J Spec Ops Med. Dec 2015: 54-58.
- Davis KG, Williams M, Crossett JR, Cleveland EM, Smoot CP, Aluka KJ, Coviello LC. Equivalence in Colonoscopy Results between Gastroenterologists and General Surgery Residents following an Endoscopy Simulation Curriculum. J Surgical Educ. 72(4) July/August 2015.
- Peirce GS, Swisher JP, Freemyer JD, Crossett JR, Wertin TM, Aluka KJ, Tobias S, Lee LV, Hetz SP, Davis KG. Postoperative pneumoperitoneum on computed tomography: is the operation to blame? Am J Surg 2014; Sep 28.
- Training the Next Generation of Combat Surgeons. Presented at LSU Grand Rounds 2015
- The Modern Treatment of Hemorrhoids: Moving Beyond the Bands. Presented at the Piedmont Society Southern Colorectal Society Meeting 20-22 March 2014, Ft Lauderdale, FL
|Affiliated Hospitals & Clinics||
Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System - New Orleans